template

Monday, March 24, 2014

Almost the End of March! OH MY!

Well it has been a busy month that has moved along at an insanely fast pace!  To celebrate Dr Seuss' birthday I used the book 10 Apples up on Top.  In Preschool we have been working on spatial concepts so I thought this would work out great for that crew... and then my K-4 kiddos have been working a variety of goals so I new I could adapt and use it for everyone.

We made a tiger art projects... they all loved it...



For some of my students we worked on following directions... put the orange circle on the bottom of the white paper.  Then they had to follow directions to add all the pieces of the tiger's face.

For my articulation students, they earned apples to add to the tiger after they practiced their targets.

Some of my students worked on identifying the rhymes in the story.  

I find my "older"  students (grade 3& 4) absolutely LOVE to do simple crafts!  They never seem to think they are too old for it... instead I get a cheer.

It was an easy way to target so many goals with one activity... which I LOVE!

We hung them up outside the speech room.


So it was a success!  They love seeing their artwork hanging up and this week is Open House so they will be happy to show it off!

Hope everyone had some fun celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday this month.


1 comment:

  1. Oh My, is that A.B. Smith School? Seems like so long ago. Cute activities!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Welcome to my blog! I am speech language pathologist in a public school and have the privilege of working with children between the ages of 3 and 10. I also have a small private practice. I am married and the mom to a wonderful little boy. My undergraduate degree is from the University of Hartford in Early Childhood Education and my master's degree is from Montclair State University in Communication Disorders.