template

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

PREK Game review - Thinkfun Smatch

I LOVE incorporating games into my therapy and discovering new games.   So I thought I would share one that isn't so new but I haven't pulled out in a while…. so to my little kiddos it was NEW!


SMATCH by Thinkfun!  Basically it is a matching game, but to make a match you need to spin the spinner and the spin dictates if you have to make a match by color, number, or group.



Normally I would have the cards turned over  to hide the pictures.  But since today was the first time I was playing it with this particular group of PREK loves I had the cards facing up to make it easier to become familiar with the game.



They LOVED being able to push down on the spinner to tell what type of match they should make.  Even how to operate the spinner became a lesson in following directions :).  You could also work on plurals because you are either matching a picture of one item or two…. so it is perfect for that goals as well.

I am thinking that I could even create additional category and number cards to expand the game. 

What is your favorite game to use in therapy?

Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my blog! I am speech language pathologist in a public school and have the privilege of working with children between the ages of 3 and 10. I also have a small private practice. I am married and the mom to a wonderful little boy. My undergraduate degree is from the University of Hartford in Early Childhood Education and my master's degree is from Montclair State University in Communication Disorders.